About the business
Our client is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a large organisation as an Accounts Payable Officer .The role is a Maternity Leave cover role with a long handover period, taking the full extent of the role up to February 2021, a potential of 18 months. You will be on the company payroll in a fixed term contract with full working benefits such as paid holidays, etc.
You will be working with a small, friendly and professional team, based in modern offices in a great location at Port Kembla.
- Applicant must ensure compliance with internal processes.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is required.
- Role will involve, but is not limited to: data entry, processing invoices by matching to purchase order receipts, preparing EFT runs for payment and reconciling creditor accounts.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding account related issues.
- Microsoft office skills in Outlook and Excel.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is desirable
- Strong Microsoft office skills in Outlook and Excel
- Experience with a large ERP system such as Syspro or similar
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage workloads
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and staff
- Experience with electronic invoicing approval or similar would be an advantage